Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Sooooo Tired!

For some reason, everyone decided to wake up early this morning. Isabelle woke up around 5:30, but went right back to sleep soon after I fed her. I was too tired to put her back in her bed so I laid her on Rian's pillow since he was already gone. (Yes, Rian got up to go play basketball at 5:30 a.m.!) Isaac woke up shortly after 6 to use the bathroom and insisted on climbing in my bed. I moved Isabelle over a bit to make room for Isaac and he soon fell back to sleep. Just when I thought I was going to get some more sleep, Ian woke up around 6:20. Ian had too much energy to go back to sleep, but I made him lay down with me anyways because I wasn't ready to get up yet. Rian got home from playing basketball just before 7 and snapped a picture of the kids and I because he thought we were a pretty funny site. This is what happens when a 3 year old doesn't get enough sleep. Since Ian never went back to sleep this morning (he doesn't usually wake up until about 7:45) he was soooo tired, and a little grumpy, by the afternoon. He finally fell asleep on the floor in the middle of the kitchen around 5:30 while I was getting dinner ready. The hard floor didn't look very comfortable so I moved Ian (after taking his picture of course) to the living room. He didn't even move an inch when I laid him back down.

4 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

what is it with kids waking up way to early in the morning and thinking it is okay?

The Allreds said...

Good thing Rian wasn't tired after basketball, there wasn't any room for him! : )
Love that shot!
The crash and burn shots are always funny, Garrett's usually happen during swimming lesson weeks!
Somehow Sara never seems to run out of energy. While some of us take naps on Sundays she's busy writing someone or making a pretend buffet. Wish I had her steam!

Stephanie said...

Cute picture! I'm assuming you didn't fall back asleep when Ian crawled in. I never can go to sleep with squirmy kids laying next to me.

Rachel said...

Soooooo darling! I'm glad you-all sent out that newsletter with a link to your blog. It's nice to know what's going on in your world.