Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Last Day of Kindergarten
The school in our neighborhood was getting too full this year, so they bussed the kindergarten classes to a different school to make some more room. The parents could drive the kindergarten kids to our regular school and a bus would take them to the other one and then the bus would bring them back again at the end of school. Isaac only rode the bus after school because he liked me to drive him to the other school in the mornings so I could walk him to his classroom. (I actually liked it better that way, too).
Since the beginning of the year Ian and I would go after school and wait for Isaac's bus to come back from the other school. Every time Isaac would get off the bus he would be so excited to see us and Ian and Isaac would always give each other a hug. All year I kept telling myself that I need to get a picture of them hugging because I thought it was so cute. Well, I finally remembered my camera on the last day of school and got a picture of their happy, brotherly hug. (I think Ian is going to miss Isaac next year when he is gone all day in stead of just 3 hours.)
This is Isaac with his teacher's aid, Mrs. Platt. She rode the bus back and forth each day with the kindergarten classes and helped a lot in the classroom. This school year seemed to go by so fast. It's hard to believe that my Isaac is growing up so fast and will soon be a big 1st grader. He really enjoyed kindergarten and made lots of great friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I bet Ian is going to miss him so much next year, that picture is great. I know Noah is going to have a hard time when Gage leaves. I bet Issac loved to ride the bus, how exciting
Isaac is an official kindergarten grad! That's too cool! He'll probably love all day school next year and eating lunch there too! Sara was ready for it and had a great, nurturing teacher that I adored! On to summer fun...
I know Aiden and I are going to miss Kylie next year. For some strange reason they do all day kindergarten here... that hug is so sweet.
So cute! Aren't siblings funny? One minute they could just kill each other, the next they can't get enough of each other. Callie is going to have a hard time without Alexa next year too. I'm already bracing myself for the meltdowns.
I can't believe you're going to have a 1st grader... those two are adorable.
Post a Comment