Tuesday, May 13, 2008
No more diapers!
"No more diapers for me!" That's what Ian informed me as I got him dressed and put on his underwear one morning last week. Those are words we have been waiting to hear for quite a while. Ian has been so stubborn with the potty-training, that we didn't know when this day would finally come. We tried bribing him with a new toy, but he was so scared to even sit on the toilet that nothing seemed to motivate him. He liked having his diaper off and even wearing underwear, but couldn't seem to go on the potty.
What finally worked, you might ask? I let Ian wear nothing. Apparently, he was more afraid of going on the floor than he was of going on the toilet. So, after a few days of running around the house in the nude, Ian had going potty all figured out. Now he is a big underwear wearing kid and we are back to having just one member of the family that we need to buy and change diapers for. Yeah!
Below are some pictures of Ian in his new transformer underwear that Grandma Perry sent for the newest potty-trained grandkid. (I know that Ian may not appreciate these pictures some day, but I couldn't resist. He was so excited and I was so proud. What mom isn't when their child is finally potty-trained? )

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Way to go BIG boy. You look studly in the briefs! Keep up the great work!
That's awesome! We've been working on our potty training... today was the first time he actually told me he had to go and we've been doing this for almost 2 weeks.
I'm jealous. Sydney is pee-trained but not the other. I imagine it was a very good day for you and ian when that happened.
Post a Comment