However, when I tried to open the bathroom door, it would only open a tiny crack.
The problem was that Isabelle had crawled over and opened the drawers that are right next to the bathroom door. Of course, Isabelle was having a great time pulling out all of the diapers that were inside of them while I was stressing over how I would get the door open again. Once Izzie realized that we were outside the door trying to figure out how to get in and get her out, she started to get worried. Isaac and Ian tried distracting her by playing with her hands under the door.
Finally, Rian got a spatula from the kitchen that would fit inside the crack. He used it to shut the drawers and was then able to open the door. Hurray!!
Isabelle crawled outside right away. Free at last!
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Locked in
I had just gotten the kids out of the bathtub tonight when I heard Rian knocking on the front door. (He had locked himself out when he ran over to the neighbors for something.) The boys were in their room getting their pajamas on and Isabelle was standing up outside the empty bathtub in her diaper, staring at the toys inside. Since it would only take a few seconds, I shut the bathroom door, making sure it wasn't locked, ran downstairs to let Rian in the house and then ran back upstairs to get Isabelle so I could put her pajamas on. (The purpose of shutting the door was so that Izzie wouldn't crawl outside and fall down the stairs.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
oh the adventures of having kids! :) what a day!
Such drama! It's fun you thought to get pictures of the fiasco.
Yeah when kids get locked in a room and can't get out, I start freaking out a little bit. Glad everything worked out ok.
I have to give props to your husband for the spatula idea. Don't you just feel triumphant when the impossible kid-situation is solved?
That is soo funny! When someone got stuck!!
Post a Comment