Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's dinner

We weren't home for Valentine's Day (we went to Wenatchee for the day) so we decided to have our yummy dinner today instead.
Isaac and Ian had a great time making dinner with me. Here is how you make our delicious meal:
1. Using scissors or a knife, cut ingredients of choice into bite size pieces and dump into a pot. (The ingredients in this dish are: hotdogs, carrots and noodles. ) Then add desired amount of water or other liquid. (Any left over liquid works great.)
*********************************************** 2. Add spices and season to taste. For this particular creation the boys chose to use salt, pepper, lemon pepper, cinnamon and a pixie stick. (The more creative you are the better. ) *****************************************
3. Stir mixture together with whatever you can find. As you do so, don't forget the most important step of crossing your fingers.
This helps to ensure that it will actually taste good. When you are done stirring you may heat it up on the stove and serve warm or enjoy it cold.
****************************************************************************
Okay, so while the boys were busy with their 'creation' I was making something a bit more appetizing for our dinner: Italian Chicken.
Unfortunately the picture does not do this meal justice. It was SO GOOD!
I've had this recipe for years and have only made it 2 other times. The kids surprised me and ate it really well. So maybe I will make it more often now.
Isaac, who is usually my pickiest eater, even ate his entire plate.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I need your Italian Chicken recipe, too!

Coordination Queen said...

Yeah, I'm with Stephanie, that looks lucious... can I get the recipe?

The Allreds said...

I think I would choose YOUR recipe over Isaac's! Fun time cooking together! Looks like Alice needs to join your parties!