Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Turning 30!

Yup, I turned the big 30 yesterday. I'm still not sure how I feel about being 30. It's not that I'm afraid of getting older (and I know that 30 really isn't old) it's just that time seems to go by faster the older I get. So I guess turning 30 has just made me want to appreciate and enjoy each day a little more and savor all of the moments I have with my kids before they all turn 30 on me.
I think Isaac and Ian were more excited about my birthday than I was. We ended up doing things a little backwards so that the kids could enjoy the celebration. They couldn't wait for me to open cards and presents so we did that first. Then we had one of my favorites, angel food cake with strawberries and whip cream that Rian's mom brought over. YUM! (And, yes, this was all before everyone ate dinner.)
I still feel like a little kid when I make a wish before blowing out the candles. Finally, Rian's mom was so nice to stay and have pizza with the kids while Rian took me out to dinner. I decided to go Dana's here in town and our food was awesome! It really was a nice birthday.

7 comments:

Alison said...

Happy Birthday Camille! You've accomplished a lot in 30 years. I didn't think turning 30 was a big deal but four weeks later- I am feeling a little old. I decided to start taking calcium pills to ward off osteoperosis and I'm having my teeth bleached. I hope you have a wonderful year!

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday! I got a chuckle out of your friend Alison's comment. I started using anti-wrinkle cream when I turned 30 :)

Coordination Queen said...

Happy Birthday! Find any gray hairs yet? ;) And going out to dinner without kids... that truly is a birthday present!

Krista said...

happy birthday! what a great day! my 30th is in a month ... still haven't figured out what i want to do. :)

The Allreds said...

Sorry we didn't call and sing but we figured you'd be out to dinner : ) (trying to make it look like it wasn't our fault, hee hee)
Glad you enjoyed your day.
Did our little something come in the mail in time for your b'day?
It's so much easier to remember how old you are when you hit the decade markers...after 30 it's a blur...hmmmmm, am I 31 or 34??
Anyway, you look sensational for 30!

Charlotta-love said...

I'm turning 30 in a few weeks. We have one of those "special" plates also. I'll have to have my pie on that. Happy 30th!

Katie said...

Happy 30th Camille! So glad I'm not the only one of the "born in '77 cousin's wives" that's that old! Wishing you a great year :)
Love,
Katie