DEC. 27: Two days after Christmas, I flew down to Arizona with the kids to visit my family. Looking back, I think I was quite brave to fly with 3 small kids all by myself. (Rian had to stay for work, but he got to join us at the end of the week) I was glad that everything went pretty smoothly on our trip.
DEC 28: My mom had Christmas gifts waiting for us. So, on our first full day there, we got to do Christmas morning all over again after church. Believe me, it took some effort to get Isaac and Ian to wait that long. I made the kids sit together for a picture while they still had their Christmas outfits on. They were such good sports! After they changed their clothes, it was time for presents...
The boys were pretty excited so we just let them go at it. Look at them tear those presents open. They definitely knew what to do.
Isabelle was only somewhat interested in all of the gift opening. Isaac and Ian were, of course, more than willing to help here open her presents as she was content to just play with the ribbons.
DEC 30: My parents too all of my siblings and our kids to Chuck E. Cheese. We had so much fun, (us big kids included) that I forgot to take very many pictures.
DEC 31: We had our New Year's Eve party! All of the grandkids had fun with the party hats and blow horns. Then we got smart and took the blow horns away. After putting all the kiddies to bed, us adults stayed up for the real party, playing games all night. I think that playing games is one of my favorite things to do with my family. Even my Aunt Norma and Uncle Gene were in town to join in on the fun.
This was the first time that most of my siblings had seen Isabelle and the first time that I got to meet Charlotte, my brother's little girl. They are only 3 week apart, but you can see how much bigger Isabelle is than Charlotte.
JAN 1: This kids had fun playing outside in my parents backyard. Oh, how kids love playing in the dirt!
We took some more advantage of the nice, warm Arizona weather in January and took the kids to the park.
It was in the 70's all week. It was so NICE!
JAN 2: Today was the main reason we came to Arizona. My sister Allison got married! It was great to get to be here with my whole family for Allison and Aaron's wedding. (I'll add a separate post about their wedding).
No comments:
Post a Comment