Sunday, March 16, 2008

She's Here!

Our little miracle - Isabelle "Izzie" Louise Allred - arrived all of the sudden on Sunday, March 16th at 9:03 p.m. It's a good thing that Rian took my "pregnant picture" (at 36 weeks) when he did because it was only about 2 hours later that I started having labor pains. We kept joking that after everything we've done to keep this baby from coming early that I would end up having to be induced, but Isabelle had different plans. She weighed in at 7 pounds 9 ounces (a pound and a half over Isaac and Ian's combined weights), 19 inches long and with a great head of dark brown hair. She is perfect and has captured our hearts in the less than a day that we have been with her! Isaac and Ian got to come to the hospital and see their new sister right after she was born. They were pretty excited to see her, although Ian was pretty tired and wasn't quite sure what to think. When Ian realized that there wasn't a baby in my tummy anymore he said, "Now mommy can pick me up." Hopefully he won't get too disappointed that it may still be a little while before I will be able to pick him up. He is one heavy kid!
Doctor "Grandpa" Allred was at the hospital with us so he got examine Isabelle right after she was born. You get pretty good service from your family doctor when you're related.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Fun pictures! Keep 'em coming, so we can see what Izzie looks like these days! Say Hi to Isaac and "Bubba"!

Heitmann Family said...

Congratulations! She is adorable and BIG!! I am so glad that it all went well. Keep the pics coming.

Debbi said...

what a CUTE baby girl! I bet you guys are so happy to have her and you look GREAT too!