
We were actually able to bring Ilyssa home from the hospital today. Ilyssa and myself were doing pretty well so our doctors gave us the okay to go home if I wanted. We just had to wait until Ilyssa was 24 hours old and had another set of labs done. I debated whether or not to stay one more night so that I could take advantage of getting one last night of rest before having to take care of a new baby at night at home. In the end I decided I would be more comfortable and relaxed at home. So, after having to wait 10-11 weeks before being able to bring Isaac and Ian home, and the normal 2 days to bring Isabelle home, we set a new record with Ilyssa and brought her home only one day after being born.

First, my mom and Rian brought the kids to the hospital in the morning to visit.
Isabelle already loves holding her baby sister.

Even Isaac and Ian are a little more comfortable holding her.

The whole family - now a
FAMILY OF 6.

Ilyssa and I are now dressed in real clothes - getting ready to go.
(I don't think you can ever give babies enough kisses, especially when they are this cute!)

Rian got to take a quick nap with Ilyssa while we waited to finish getting everything ready to go home. I think he realized this was his last chance to get any extra sleep.

Sleeping in Daddy's arms!

First time in her car seat - all ready to go. She looks so little in there!

We are now officially ready to go home. We've taken a picture like this with each of the kids as babies in their car seat right before we leave the hospital.

My mom helped the kids make a cute sign and decorated our front door to welcome home their baby sister. It feels so good to be home!
2 comments:
Very cute family of 6!
She is adorable! And she looks so soft. Love baby soft skin.
Post a Comment