Saturday, April 09, 2011

37 weeks - delivery day!

So I finally made it to 37 weeks. I just got off bed rest about a week ago, my mom made it into town on Tuesday (4 days ago) and this is how far along I was when Isabelle was born. I went into labor with Isabelle pretty soon after getting off of bed rest and stopping all of my medications that were helping to prevent preterm labor, so I was thinking/hoping that it would work out the same way this time around. With that in mind, I had my mom schedule her trip out here for right after I would get off bed rest, hoping that she would be here before the baby was born and be able to be here for the birth. (With my pregnancy history my mom has never been able to make it for the birth of any of my kids or help when I've brought them home from the hospital.) So far my mom had been here for a few days and nothing was happening as far as labor and contractions were concerned. I was beginning to think that my planning wasn't going to work out and that I'd end up being pregnant for a couple more weeks. This morning my mom and I had appointments to get pedicures. 8:30 - As I was getting ready to go I noticed a few contractions, but didn't think much about them. 9:15 - We went to the store and then to get our appointment (10:00) and I continued to have more contractions. My mom helped me time them as we were getting our pedicures and they were about every 5-7 minutes. 10:45 - On the way home I'm thinking that this might actually be it. 11:00 - Rian is mowing the lawn at home when I tell him that we may need to head to the hospital soon. While he finished the lawn I continued to time my contractions. 11:40 - I called my midwife and she told us to head over to the hospital. I realized that I hadn't taken any "pregnant" pictures for a while and that this would be my last chance so I hurried and changed into the same dress that I wore when I took my last 'pregnant' picture before Isabelle. Yes, Rian took all of these pictures while I was in labor. (The contractions didn't really start hurting until I got to the hospital.) We finally had my bag ready and left the house around 12:15. I got to the hospital and was all checked in by about 12:40. My labor has always gone fast so I asked for an epidural as soon the nurses were hooking up my I.V. I finally got my epidural around 2:00, the nurse broke my water around 2:25 and, after only 19 minutes of pushing, this baby was born at 2:59. Everything happened really fast, but it also worked out as smoothly as I could have hoped. My mom was able to make it and be there for the birth and yes, I had pretty toes for it all.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm glad you were able to get your nails finished. :) Cute dress!

Jana said...

I'm sure that labor more enjoyable having pretty toes. :-) I like the color! I'm glad you were able to finish your pedicure too.