Sunday, April 10, 2011

She's here!

Ilyssa Kay
Born: Saturday, April 9, 2011
@ 2:59 p.m.
7 pounds 5 ounces
20 inches
Welcome to the world, Ilyssa! It was such a relief to finally have her here and I was so excited to finally meet her! (I had several ultrasounds that said she was a girl, but I couldn't help but check to make sure the first time I saw her.) She's absolutely perfect!
I think Rian looks very happy to meet Ilyssa, too.
Safe in her daddy's arms.
Proud daddy!
It is such a relief to be able to hold a beautiful healthy baby! Looking back I realize how hard it was when Isaac and Ian were both born 3 months early and not getting that opportunity. I'm so glad that I've now been able experience having two full term pregnancies and two healthy baby girls. Holding your baby in your arms right after they are born is such an amazing experience and feeling! The last ultrasound I had of Ilyssa was at 34 weeks and she was sticking out her tongue then, too.
She has a lot of dark hair. We'll have to wait and see if it turns blonde like the rest of her siblings.
I was so glad to have my mom here with me.
Ilyssa's first bath.
Uncle Russ
Grandpa Allred
Grandma Allred
Isabelle was the first of the kids brave enough to hold Ilyssa. She has been very excited to meet her new baby sister for a few weeks.
Big brother, Isaac.
Big brother, Ian.
Ilyssa is going to be very well loved!

3 comments:

The Allreds said...

Just precious! Neat that you got photos of everyone with her as a newborn! I know she's been a sweet blessing in your lives...can't wait to meet her!

Charlotta-love said...

I didn't even know you were pregnant. Congrats! She is beautiful!

Emily S said...

Congratulations! I haven't had a computer for 4 months, so perfect timing on the post. :) She is precious.