Saturday, November 28, 2009

Isaac's baptism day

We finished off our Thanksgiving weekend with a very special day for Isaac. Today was Isaac's baptism day and he got be baptized by his dad.
I WANT TO BE BAPTIZED
I want to be baptized in clothes pure and white,
To follow the Savior, to do what is right.
I'll covenant with Him to always be true,
for this is the thing that He wants me to do.
I want to be baptized when I have turned eight.
To enter Christ's kingdom through baptism's gate.
I'll take His name gladly, be known as His child,
And strive to be worthy, more Christ like and mild.
I want to be baptized by God's priesthood pow'r,
Be given His spirit, be cleansed as by fire.
The Spirit will guide me if I will obey
And help me return to my Father one day.
This was the primary song that Isaac picked to have sung at his baptism. It really was a perfect song and explains so well what is means to be baptized, why and when we are baptized and how it helps us return to our Heavenly Father.
Here is Rian and Isaac in their special white baptism clothes. Stephanie and McKay's family came to spend Thanksgiving with us so some of Isaac's cousins were able to be here. Since we were able to have Isaac's baptism over thanksgiving weekend, there was a lot of family that was in town that were able to share this special day with us.
There was one other boy (Kevin Donovan) from our ward that shared the baptism day with Isaac. Each family was able to pick one person to give a talk and our family was given the talk on the Holy Ghost. We let Isaac pick who he wanted to give the talk and he ended up picking me. I tried to get him to ask his Grandma, but when he really wanted me to do it, how could I say no? I don't like speaking in front of people so I was a little nervous, but since I was Isaac and Kevin's primary teacher it was actually a nice experience to be able to do it.
Here is Isaac with his Grandma and Grandpa Allred.
When we got home we gave Isaac his very own set of scriptures. He was so excited to get them and I hope he will use them often. This was a great end to a very special day.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

We are very proud of you Isaac! And we were glad we could be there on your special day.