Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Swim Lessons

Isaac has been doing swim lessons for the past two weeks and he has really enjoyed it. We signed him up for the private lessons so there was only two kids with the instructor. It was just what Isaac needed for his first official swim lesson. (Yeah, I know I am a slacker mom for not signing him up sooner) If I would have know that Isaac would enjoy it so much I would have signed him up for more lessons before they were all full. Isaac's swimming instructor was Heather. She was so patient and good with Isaac. By the end of these 2 weeks Isaac was making some real progress and really trying things on his own. Now, if we can sign up for some more lessons at the high school during this fall and winter, he'll be all set for swimming next year. The class for Ian's age group was full, but he wasn't going to be left out. There was no stopping him from getting in the water, too. We just made him stay close by where Rian and I were sitting watching Isaac's lesson. Ian considered this his own swim lesson. We put Izzie's feet in the water and at first she didn't know what to think. She pulled her feet up right away a couple of times, but then she liked it and was really interested.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is nice that Ian was able to splash around on the steps, so he didn't feel left out. It is great the Isaac is making so much progress.

The Allreds said...

I wish I had swimming lessons right now, it's beastly hot outdoors!
Glad Isaac learned to like it...it's fun when they enjoy water and play without fear! Ian surely looked ready for a lesson. Isabelle looked like a bathing beauty. Just can never get over her coloring, she's soooo beautiful!