some leaves, twigs and grass to put inside the jar and decided to name him Spanky. Not only did Rian and the boys catch flies (I helped once) and other bugs, (they had to be alive, too) but their favorite part was to sit and watch for Spanky to jump on and catch the bugs. Amazingly, we were able to keep Spanky alive for over a year (I'm not even sure how long spiders usually live). He finally died this last weekend so Rian, Isaac and Ian buried him in our front yard and put flowers on the grave. Don't worry, because the next day Rian found another jumping spider and put it in the Mason jar. Isaac named this one Charlotte. We'll just have to see if this one lives as long as Spanky.Now some of you might be grossed out by having a spider for a pet, but here are a few reasons why I would highly recommend one:
-they are CHEAP, they don't take up much space, you don't have to clean up after it, they don't smell up your house, you don't have to worry about it when you go out of town because they can go for days/weeks without eating and they are easy to replace. My favorite reason is that I didn't have to do anything!
7 comments:
HAHAHA! I think Jake would scream like a little girl if I even had the courage to put one of those in a jar, much less offer to keep it alive.
Hey Camille!
First off, welcome to the blogging world. I'm excited to be able to keep up on you guys! I'll be linking you on my blog as well!
Second, I can't believe how big your boys are and you must definitely be a mom of boys if you'll have a SPIDER as a pet! Wowsers!
And, last, but definitely not least, CONGRATS on baby #3! That is very exciting and I truly hope it all goes smoothly this time. And I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for some 'pink' to go your way! Take care!
Hey Camille,
I found you through Becky's blog! Your boys look soo big! it looks like you're doing great! I hope you dont' mind me checking in from time to time :D
Erica Grover
ps congrats on baby #3!
You know at my house that would be totally out of the question. :) Four girls- can you expect any less, I guess? :) We have two Beta fish... I keep hoping they will die so I can stop cleaning their bowl.
You are a brave woman. Hairy spiders are out of my league. We're in Washington now, so we'll have to get together.
Camille-
This is Aimee Heitmann, I found your blog from Becky Thalgotts. I hope that it is ok to check your blog. I have been wondering what you guys have been up to. We live in Lacey, WA now. Are you guys still in the Tri-cities? It would be so great to catch up. Did I read right? You are having #3? Congrats. Well check out our blog, www.heitmannfamily.blogspot.com and if it is ok, I'll link your blog from mine. Your boys have grown up so much. Isaac can't be in Kindergarten yet, really!!!
I'll check in often. Bye-
Post a Comment